Tuesday, June 3, 2014

mission countdown: thirty-five days


My mission president called me!

He seems like an amazing person and leader. I am so excited to meet him & his wife -- I cannot even tell you.

The first thing he said to me was: "Welcome to the best mission in the world!"

(Of course.)

He told me that my mission teaches in eight languages and has missionaries serving in it from 25 countries. I'm already in love with the California Los Angeles Mission



He challenged me to do two things before I leave for my mission:

1. Read the Book of Mormon all the way through.

2. In every prayer (morning, evening, meals - every prayer) until I arrive, pray for my trainer.

Both of them (mostly the reading of the entire Book of Mormon in about a month's time) will take work, but I am excited to work toward them. I think they're brilliant goals, and will give my mission prep the boost I've been searching for.

35 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...